Terms & Conditions
THIS PERTAINS TO ALL STUDENTS:
- The following is the MAX of allowed absences:
- Students who come ONCE a week — 5
- Students who come TWICE a week — 7
- Students who come THRICE a week —9
*This excludes: Christmas show and specialty practices
- If a child misses MORE than this number, they will NOT get their attendance award at the annual recital.
- I’m asked EVERY year if illness counts as an absence… of course… if a child is sick from school, they get an absence, same goes for dance.
- We do NOT take it lightly to withhold this trophy, but this teaches the children/parents to choose wisely as to what is an important enough reason to miss…because you never know when you HAVE to miss.
- If you have multiple children like I do, it IS tough to make it all work, I know. I would advise parents to get to know each so that if you one child is sick, you may still have someone who can take the other child(ren) to lessons so they don’t all get an absence.
TNT may, at any time it deems necessary, refuse enrollment to any student for the following reasons: consistent non-payment of tuition or other bills, disruption to the class, fighting with other children or staff, continual disrespect of any TNT family member.
- There are times that TNT Studio of Dance may use studio photos in paper advertising
- TNT Studio of Dance ALSO posts pictures from recitals/rehearsals/picture day/other candid photos for FUN and for the ability of parents to see some cute photos of some of our extra fun.
- There are times that we BUY BACK previous costumes. These are usually from BIG groups, so keep those costumes!
- Costume DONATIONS are accepted at ANY time. So, if you’d like to empty those closets…bring them in!
We frequently perform at different community events, your child may be asked to join.
- These are NOT mandatory
- Extra practice may be required (free of charge)
- Students are ALWAYS expected to be kind, friendly, and professional at ALL events.
HOW TO CONTACT ME:
- By email at email@example.com
- By phone at 610-377-TNT1
- On Facebook
GOING TO DANCE LESSONS:
- Do I have my dance bag? (Shoes, kneepads, toepads, water bottle, etc.)
- Is my hair in a ponytail?
- NEVER wear your dance shoes outdoors!
- Am I wearing stretchy clothes? NO jeans.
- No hoodies or baggy pants for class.
- Be ready early to avoid stress at home
ARRIVING AT THE STUDIO:
- Arrive 10 minutes early please.
- Place your outside shoes in the space provided at entrances of studio.
- SPIT OUT THE GUM!!!!
- Use the restroom NOW, not during class. (** Tinymite parents, please assist your little one.)
- Find a place to STRETCH as soon as possible to prepare for class.
- Students are expected to be kind and courteous to their fellow dancers and teachers.
- We all have strengths and weaknesses; this is understood by all instructors. But a student is expected to always work to their highest potential in every class. When a student says “I can’t” is when the teacher will prove that, indeed, they CAN.
- If you any questions or problems during class you are ENCOURAGED to talk to your teacher about it or you can always see Debbie as well.
- HAVE FUN!!!
LEAVING THE STUDIO:
Be sure you have your...
- shoes — TWO of each
- drink container (recycle ALL plastic)
- jacket/extra clothes
- any notices given to you by your teacher
- clean up any food mess
- phone, electronics, coloring books, etc.
If waiting outside for pickup...
- NEVER wait alone. If there is nobody outside with you, please come inside to wait
- ALWAYS stay on the steps or sidewalks, do NOT enter the street at ANY time
- Cross the street at the CROSSWALK, it is not safe any other place
DO NOT CLIMB ON THE HAND RAILS OUTSIDE OF THE UPSTAIRS STUDIO!!!
Children caught climbing or sitting on the rail will be asked to move. After repeated requests, they will need to remain indoors.
GOING TO DANCE LESSONS:
- If your child has a break, they may bring a snack, please make it a non-messy snack
- They need to have a SCREW TOP cap on any drinks, water is encouraged. Refillable drink bottles are allowed if they LOCK (won’t leak)
- Again, if they have a break, something to keep them content is encouraged as well.
- Everything should fit in their dance bag for easy transport
ARRIVING AT THE STUDIO:
- Arrive 10 minutes early please.
- Place your outside shoes in the space provided at entrances of studio. If you are uncomfortable removing your shoes, please remain at the entrances on the mats provided for wet/dirty shoe traffic. A big thank you for this, it’s tough to keep the studio clean without this.
- Parent Viewing Policy 2018 — Check your calendar for weeks that parents are allowed to stay for classes. But the following are the only times set for parent viewing:
- 1st THREE weeks of October
- First week of January
- First week of March
- Be sure that you have provided me with a phone number to contact you in case of an emergency or weather event.
- Tinymite parents may stay each week until noted, then they, too, will be asked to leave to allow for better focus.
Parents and family members are expected to remain seated and quiet during classes.
PICK UP AFTER CLASSES:
- PLEASE DO NOT double park outside the studio, it causes unbelievable safety issues for these kids.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK ILLEGALLY. Yellow curbing means NO PARKING. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 minutes or 2 hours — it is DANGEROUS! The kids CANNOT see around your car to see if someone is speeding up that hill.
- Please drive slowly as we have many kids coming and going from the studio as well as our neighbor, The Pyramid. Make the kids the priority, not the clock.
- Our tuition is an annual cost. You may pay for the year or take advantage of our monthly installment plan.
- Payments are due the first week of lessons EACH MONTH. This goes from Oct until May.
- Partial payments are accepted. Don’t let yourself get too far behind by not paying at ALL.
- Upon reaching 45 days past due, there is a $2 PER CLASS fee added on to tuition payment.
- Upon reaching 60 days past due, the student will not be able to partake in class. They may watch so they do not get an absence, but they will not be able to JOIN class until tuition is brought up to date by paying in CASH.
- There is a $25 returned check fee for any bounced checks or denied credit cards.
- After bouncing a check for the 2nd time, your account will be cash/PayPal ONLY.
- Payments made at studio are cash/check. Credit card payments need to be done online thru PayPal.
Any student found to be performing with ANY other dance studio will be removed immediately from the TNT roster. NO refunds of tuition, costume costs, or any other costs incurred up to that point. If student/family is currently expected to join in a TNT performance trip, that trip will be immediately cancelled. Refunds pertaining to trips will depend on each individual circumtance and refunds from the entity TNT will be visiting. NON-negotiable.
DANCE SHOE CARE:
- Make sure they have working buckles
- Make sure all screws are tightened in tap shoes.
- Again, NEVER allow wearing them outdoors.
- One student at a time, teachers HAVE the authority to stop this from happening.
- Teachers ALSO have the authority to ask/ensure that a child has flushed and washed their hands.
- During Tinymite parent kick out in spring, teachers have authority to assist in bathroom needs of the little ones.
WE RECYCLE! We will remind and enforce this practice at the studio.
- Deciding to cancel classes is a TOUGH decision. While they may PREDICT bad weather, weather is VERY unpredictable. So please, do NOT expect me to cancel classes PRIOR to the start of weather.
- ONE HOUR PRIOR to your class, you will be notified in at least TWO of the following formats:
- Channel 13 Blue Ridge Cable
- Facebook TNT Studio of Dance PUBLIC page
- Tex (I am looking into an app that will allow me to send a MASS text to the cell phone numbers provided to me on your registration form. I will advise when I’ve figured that out.